Thursday, September 20, 2012

Hillbilly Millie Writes a Blog

Hey y’all, I’m Hillbilly Millie.  I’m really not considered a hillbilly in my hometown of Savannah, Georgia, but Yankees seem to think anyone with a southern drawl is automatically a hillbilly. So who am I to argue now that I’m living in the land of Yankee people?  
Yes I like fried food and grits, lots of butter on almost everything, and bacon is its own food group.  Marrying a Texas rancher means that now I am really trying to embrace jalapenos in everything too. 

Since he thinks he’s the chuck wagon boss at Prairie Manor, I’m having quite a time of convincing him that a pint of peppers and bottle of Louisiana hot sauce isn’t needed in the chili, especially if other people have to eat it too! 
But that’s okay, he’s my John Wayne and I love him, spicy peppers and all. 
Pass the Rolaids please.

No comments:

Post a Comment